Sunday, April 29, 2012

Got some brownies and cookies made today!!

My youngest was fussing to me yesterday that I haven't baked anything lately. It has only been a few weeks but she is spoiled. I double the brownie recipe but used the same size pan so my brownies would be thicker.


My cookie recipe is a high altitude one. I realized I wasn't going to have enough butter for both so I decided to use country crock spread instead and hoped they would come out OK. I actually liked them better with the spread they came out thicker, almost fluffy like. I put white chocolate chips and milk chocolate in these.
I hope theres no more fussing about baked goods at least for a few more weeks so I can get all my projects done!!Thats my feedsack tablecloth showing underneath.

3 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Your brownies and cookies look scrumptious! I remember my son wistfully asking me, after I'd returned to working when he was about 10, "Do you remember pie?" For him, the good old days were all about food baked from scratch ;o)
Thanks for your kind comment on my nightstands turned kitchen island. That was nice of you.

BumbleBeeLane said...

Oh the brownies look yummy! Warm Blessings!~Amy

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Mmm, looks delicious!