Thursday, June 13, 2013

More Fires in Colorado!!

This same month last year there was a pretty bad fire on the west side of Colorado Springs now there is a bad fire on the very north edge of Colorado Springs in Black Forest. Close to 400 houses have been burned down and close to 10,000 people have been evacuated. I took these photos from the top of our street. Depending on the wind the smoke changes direction. There is also a bad fire at the Royal Gorge in Canon City which is south of us but beyond the mountain so we can't get any photos of it. Its scary when its right in your community. I pray they get it under control.







3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We are praying for everyone there. It's such a bad situation. We've traveled in that area and know how beautiful it is, too. Sweet hugs my friend.

Carol Swift said...

It is so scary to watch the news and see so much fire and loss of homes! I hope they get control of it really soon.

Old Red Barn said...

I saw it on the news over here in Belgium. And I remember your posts about the fire almost a year ago. What's causing the fires? The heat?

Goedele